11 Questions You Should Ask Before a Surgery
Patient Safety Anesthesia has grown safer over the last fifty years. However, there are questions you should run by a professional before going under the knife.
1. My child is having surgery. What do I need to know? How can I help prepare my child for surgery?
2. What if I have more questions after the surgery? Who can I contact?
3. What should I avoid eating or drinking before I come in to have my surgery?
4. Which kinds of medications do you need to know I am taking before I am operated on?
5. Which type of anesthesia is best for me and the surgery I am having?
6. Is it alright to come alone or should someone come with me?
7. I have asthma, what do I need to know before and after I have surgery?
8. I am diabetic, are there any special concerns before or after I have my surgery?
9. Will I be able to eat solid foods right after my surgery?
10. I take complementary / alternative medicines. Will these pose any problems or is it alright to keep taking them before my surgery? What about herbal supplements?
11. Is it alright to take medications for my allergies before I come in?